AAV Packaging Services
Adeno-associated virus (AAV) is a non-pathogenic single-stranded DNA virus. Recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) can carry GOI to a variety of dividing and non-dividing cells showing long-term gene expression with low cellular immune response. Besides, the differences in capsid structure mediate the interaction of the AAV serotypes with different host cell receptors, leading to alternative tissue tropisms.
PackGene provides superior quality AAV packaging services to support your AAV-based programs. We have developed a series of proprietary technologies that have greatly improved AAV production protocols in terms of titer, purity, potency, and consistency.
We offer multiple serotypes to meet your research needs. We strive to achieve rapid turnaround and affordable prices while maintaining high quality. We are committed to deliver the guaranteed quantity of the AAV per your request within the approved lead time. Otherwise, we will refund you a 5% of delayed order total as credit which can be used for your next order.
- Fast Turnaround: 12-15 business days for AAV 5E+13GC
- Guaranteed Titer: ≥1E+13GC/mL, based on qPCR genome copies/ml
- High Purity: ≥95%
- High Yield: up to 1E+16 GC
- Low Endotoxin: <10EU/ml, suitable for animal experiments
- Low Empty Shell: <30%
- Multiple Serotypes: 18+ different serotype options available.
- Extensive Experience: Successfully delivered over 10,000 custom AAV projects
- Experienced Technical Support: PhD-level team with years of AAV experience
Price and Turnaround
*The indicated titers are guaranteed except when the insert exceeds the packaging capacity (4.7 kb) or if you choose to provide us with your own modified rep/cap plasmid or helper plasmid.
|AAV Packaging Serotypes||Guaranteed Yield
|Normal-yield AAV Serotypes||2E+12 GC||$1,494||12-15 Days|
|2E+14 GC||$21,389||18-24 Days|
|1E+15 GC||$92,689||30-45 Days|
| Low-yield AAV Serotypes
(AAV2, 4, 6, ect.)
|2E+12 GC||$1,839||12-15 Days|
|1E+14 GC||$21,389||18-24 Days|
Notice: If AAV serotypes you desire for package are currently under patents, and your application is for commercial use. We advise that you contact the patent owner to obtain authorization beforehand.
- GC = Genome copies.
- For these extremely low-yield AAV serotypes without production data, we are not able to guarantee the final yield or titer specified here.
A variety of AAV-based QC assays have been developed by the experienced QC team to verify the identity, purity, and potency of AAV viral particles for in vivo studies. The AAV genome copies are quantified via SYBR qPCR with ATCC’s Reference AAV for titer calibration. The purity is determined by Coomassie-Blue staining.
We guarantee the endotoxin level of the AAV particles lower than 10 EU/ml.
We also offer additional QC tests including ddPCR , TEM, TCID50 tittering and other QC services. Please check AAV Analytical Services to learn more.
|Category||QC Assays||QC Standard|
|Identity||Identity – GOI Sequence||Additional QC|
|Purity||SDS-PAGE Coomassie Blue Staining||Free QC|
|Potency & Content||qPCR||Free QC|
|Capsid Titer-ELISA||Additional QC|
|Impurity||Endotoxin Test||Free QC|
|Mycoplasma Detection||Additional QC|
|Sterility Test||Additional QC|
|Residual Plasmid Test||Additional QC|
AAV Production Workflow
- Store the virus at -80°C, take it out when needed, and place it on ice during operation. Fast Service must be used within 24 hours.
- Calculate the usage in advance, and PackGene will aliquot the virus according to the pre-determined requirements before shipping to avoid re-freezing and thawing after receiving the goods, which might affect the titer accuracy. If aliquoting is required, it is recommended to use PCR tubes with siliconized inner walls, or special virus preservation tubes with low protein binding rates.
- Melt the virus in an ice bath and dilute with PBS or PBS / 0.001% F-68 if needed.
AAV In Vivo Delivery & Experiment Design
As an effective vector for delivering exogenous genes, rAAV has been used by an increasing number of animal researchers. However, issues such as how to choose the injection site, how much rAAV vector quantity should be injected or how long to examine animals after injection remain to be further explored. Due to the differences in scientific fields and animal models, it is difficult to adopt a universal AAV injection method that is applicable to all experiments. Clients need to explore specific research experiments based on their actual goals.
Pre-experimental Design Reference
- Serotype selection: If you are still not sure which serotype is most suitable for your experimental material, try more than 3 fluorescent AAV serotypes for pre-infection experiments.
- Gradient dilution infection: Due to the differences in length and expression levels of different genes, we strongly recommend that you perform 3-4 AAV gradient dose injections to detect the target gene expression level before the formal experiment.
- Experimental control: Set up a GFP positive control group with the same serotype and promoter
AAV in Vitro Infection
- For cells cultured in vitro, AAV-DJ and AAV6 are the most common choices. In conventional cell culture, AAV-DJ can infect more than 80% of cells, while AAV6 has the strongest infective potency against blood-derived cells.
- We strongly recommend that you perform a gradient concentration infection pre-experiment (at least 3-4 gradients, e.g. MOI=1×10^3,MOI=1×10^4,MOI=1×10^5) prior to formal experiments; furthermore, no cytotoxicity is an essential requirement for such experiments.
- Assay time: usually 2-7 days after infection.
How Can We Help You?