AAV Vector Design & Construction
PackGene provides end-to-end AAV vector design and construction solutions for AAV-based genetic payload delivery. The safty and efficacy of AAVs as a tool for genetic payload delivery make them ideal for use in many applications from discovery science to clinical practices such as Gene and Cell Therapy. Recombinant AAVs have thus become an integral part of both the biological research and Gene and Cell Therapy landscapes. Our professional vector design team will work in collaboration with you to design efficient & effective AAV vectors based on your precise needs. Simply provide us with your AAV vector design requirements, and we will deliver ready-to-use AAV vectors with guaranteed quality.
AAV-Gene Expression Cloning
What is the maximum size of an rAAV transgene?
The upper limit of rAAV genome packaging is ~ 5Kb including the required 145bp ITR sequences at either end. Thus, rAAV accommodate a ~4.5Kb transgene expression cassette. An rAAV transgene expression cassette usually includes a promoter, a gene of interest, and a terminator signal. PackGene’s K104 vector has been designed to maximize gene of interest capacity by integrating the smallest available mammalian promoter region in miniCMV (180 bp) and terminator region (50 bp). PackGene’s K104 vector can thus accept a gene of interest up to 4.4kb in length.
What are rAAV serotypes , and what steps should be taken to ensure that the best serotype is chosen?
Different AAV serotypes are defined by differences in the amino acid sequence and three-dimensional structure of their capsid proteins, and more than 200 AAV serotypes of have been discovered or designed. Serotype specific differences in rAAV capsid proteins correspond with variations in cell surface receptor recognition and binding. This, in turn, results in variations in the infection rate of rAAV serotypes across tissues and cell types.
PackGene’s expert technical team is available to help you determine the optimum serotype for your experiments based on the literature regarding rAAV serotype infection rates and our own internal testing. Nevertheless, for target cell types or tissues without substantial literature available, we may recommended the execution of pilot experiments using reporter transgenes to determine the most ideal serotype.
What information will I need to provide to place a custom rAAV vector construction order?
Custom AAV vector construction projects can be generated in several ways, and our expert technical team is available to help in the design process. There are several questions that you may prepare answers for to expedite the design process, they are:
- Do you have a transgene template?
- If so, please provide your gene template to us for verification.
- If so, please provide the gene number, sequence map, host species, and gene length.
- If so please provide us with the target gene number, host species, and gene length.
What information will I need to provide to place a custom rAAV packaging order?
Custom AAV packaging projects can be generated in several ways, and our expert technical team is available to help in the design process. There are several questions that you may prepare answers for to expedite the design process, they are:
- Do you know which serotype you would like you use for your project?
- Our expert team is available to help guide your selection if you would like, but you may alternatively find your ideal serotype by looking toward the literature within your field.
- If not, we offer fluorescent control test kits for screening various serotypes. These can be used to define the infectivity of a given serotype in your cells, or to determine the optimal serotype for your experiments.
- If so, please make sure that you to provide a vector map and full sequence. Additionally, it is best to confirm ITR spacing and to make sure that the plasmid has been fully sequenced to avoid complications associated with common mutations that can be driven by the presence of ITRs.
One-stop Solutions for All Your AAV Gene Therapy Needs