IT, Manager / Sr. Manager
|FLSA Status:||Exempt||Job Status:||Full-time||Reports to:||Chief Technical Officer|
- The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- This role serves as the subject matter expert and lead for all IT activities across the organization. Lead the IT department’s operational, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Establish and controls systems access and security.
- Contribute to all sites master planning with a focus on IT infrastructure. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Provide strategic guidance and oversee the stability of the organization’s infrastructure.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Act as technical project leader to evaluate and implement IT solutions for a new cGMP manufacturing facility of novel gene therapies.
- This role will actively manage multiple different vendors/contractors providing the day-to-day support of the IT infrastructure including managed network, servers, active directory/domain and security management.
- Establish regular business partner engagement to understand business environment and needs, provide consultation services of the existing infrastructure capability, convey the operational health check and be point of contact for escalations.
- Develop and maintain appropriate technical skills to troubleshoot key IT system(s).
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives and submit proposal.
- Manage IT projects and delivery dates.
- Ensure that all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision are followed.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related technical field with 5+ years industrial experience in supporting IT infrastructure.
- Prior vendor management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of cGMP biologics manufacturing site is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in electronic batch records systems, ERP system, LIMS system is a plus.
- Experience with data backup and security.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Cross-functional leadership.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and drive for success.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network, wireless and PC operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Deep knowledge of IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Must be available to travel as needed.